Friday, June 18, 2010

Colton sharing Jesus

Sorry I have not blogged lately. I have been very busy with school. School is great, a lot of work; but I am learning a ton about how great our God is. I have had many cool encounters with people lately. But tonight I want to share what my five year old son Colton did. I was doing some yard work, and the boys were playing in the front yard. Colton came up to me and told me he wanted to go down the street and tell a man who was also outside doing yard work about Jesus. I told him he could; hard to say no to that. He rode his bike down the street, got off of his bike, and walked right up to him. With no tract or anything, he told him about Jesus. The man listened and then sent Colton back home. Colton came home and told me he wanted to tell someone else. He asked me where he should go next. I told him to go where the Lord leads. He thought about it for a minute, then went down the street in the opposite direction. He rode his bike, got off, and marched right up to a man standing by his truck. Colton told him about Jesus. The man was a believer; and after a long conversation with Colton, he came over to talk to me. The man told me he was so impressed with Colton he told his wife and kids about him. Colton then walked up to a couple that was out for a walk. He asked them if they knew Jesus. When Colton came back, I gave him a tract for him to give to the next person. Colton went to the end of the street, knowing he cannot cross the street. He stood on the corner waving the tract in the air and telling a man on the other side to believe in Jesus. As it was getting dark, I told him we had to go in. He was sad because he wanted to tell more people about Jesus. I told him he could do it every day for the rest of his life if he wants to. As we were walking in, I asked him why he wanted to tell people about Jesus tonight. He said simply, "Because I love Jesus." I am thankful for Colton, and I pray that he will be used in a mighty way by God. Because I was so proud of him, I let him have ice cream, cookies, and a Sprite before bed. I hope you were blessed reading this; I know I was blessed as I watched my son go up and down the street sharing Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment