Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 12-22

Here is a brief update on some of the conversations I have had with people during the past eleven days. God has been good to me, and I have had some really good talks with many people. Some were lost (in my opinion), and some were saved. For someone to be saved, they must put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior. I would consider a person lost if they reject the Good News and do not care or if a person puts their trust in works rather than Christ. For an example, if a person says they are going to heaven because they are a good father, they run an honest business, or they always do good, I would assume (Only God knows their heart.) they are lost because their trust is in what they can do, not in what Christ has already done for them on the cross.
So, here is the update. I have talked to eight people who were lost and five people who were saved. Six out of the eight people who I believe were lost all based salvation on their works, being a good person. Three of these people who believe salvation is through works go to a church in the area. All of these were nice and listened. Please pray for salvation; pray that they would see their need for Jesus and that they will realize they will never be good enough to save themselves. I talked to five believers; all of them seemed to really love the Lord and really wanted to live for Him. It always amazes me that I can walk up to a total stranger and within minutes after finding out that we are both believers we are hugging each other, laughing, praying, and encouraging one another. There is something special about being in the same family, the family of God. Praise God for everything He does and everything He is going to do in our lives. God bless you as you go through your week. Keep your eyes open. God may have someone He wants you to love on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment